Haphazard Journal #21: #DWP2019


My my my! How time flies. I haven’t been writing in this blog for almost 3 months. Life got in the way? I guess? Needless to say, it’s been pretty hectic and my lazy ass isn’t up to writing anything so here goes, a few months later.


Anyway, we aren’t here to talk about my laziness but Djakarta Warehouse Project 2019! Yes, you heard it right folks. It’s the second DWP that I’ve been into. Last year it was held in Bali, at Garuda Wisnu Kencana to be exact. But this time, DWP was coming back home to Jakarta. Yas baby.

#DWP2019 was held in JiExpo Kemayoran with such HUGE line up. They had so many big names in Electronic Dance Music world, let me just name a few; Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix, Skrillex, Disclosure, Zedd, Bassjackers, Yellow MF Claw, Jonas Blue and so many more! It was a hell of a line-up for sure!

Not gonna think twice for it with those line up, of course we joined #DWP19! It was held for 3 days from 13-15 December 2019. Me personally was looking forward to see Martin Garrix as just 3 days before I tweeted that I’d really like to experience his set live and voila, he was there! A dream come true indeed.

I have to say that this year wowed me compared to last year. I didn’t know whether it was because of the venue, the stage, or the line-up but overall, I was having the time of my life. The venue was definitely bigger compared to in Bali and the stage is jaw-dropping! Especially Garuda Stage, the lighting and the decoration were just insane and majestic.

Highlight on the first day would be Yellow MF Claw, Zedd and Martin Garrix! Man, they really know how to keep the party going, the vibes, the beats, a complete mother forkin package! A bit knackered during Martin Garrix set because he was the closing and it was around 3 am in the morning but nothing can stop us, lol.


Two of the surprising acts which turn out to be one of my favorites would be Cash Cash and Krewella. Wow, the party was wild for them. The beat is always high and the crowd simply couldn’t stop to dance around. Calvin Harris of course killed it but unfortunately, I couldn’t dance around freely as it was super packed! Couldn’t hardly breathe myself, it felt like a sauna.

All of the acts that I saw delivered an insane energy and performance and if I could see them again, I definitely would.

Lastly, there are recent rumours which said that DWP is prohibited to be held in Jakarta. Will it be back in Bali? Who knows, it’s not a bad place either so all is good. See ya in #DWP2020!



Previous Concerts/Fests:

Comments

  1. Aku gak pernah kebayang bisa ada disana. Karna aku gampang pusing kalo di tempat yg terlalu ramai gt🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment