Haphazard Journal #15: ED SHEERAN [DIVIDE WORLD TOUR]





FRESH FROM THE OVEN! Last Friday, I got the chance to see the man who needs no introduction, ED SHEERAN. YES! He is one of the artist on the list that I HAVE to see LIVE. And, man oh man, it was a hell of a night.

Ed Sheeran is currently doing his world tour entitled Divide World Tour. I believe this was his first visit to Jakarta as previously in 2017 his planned to do a concert in Jakarta was cancelled due to an accident he experienced. This time, the concert was held at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium which I think is the perfect place to accommodate the number of his fans which is thousands of them.

First and foremost, let’s talk about the sound. The sound was great and clear. The crowd could clearly hear his angelic voice and the amazing sound of his guitar; moreover, there was no error or anything so it was all good! The set-list was also perfect. He sang all of his hits and even did a medley of his first album. AND he also sang a song he wrote that has become a phenomenon, “Love Yourself” which of course received a crazy responds from the crowd.

My favorite song and moment of the night was when he sang Dive. Ed told the crowd to be quite for a while and let him sing Dive on his own. It became my favorite moment because I got to take it all in. I got to take a moment to appreciate his amazing voice, his passion when he's singing, his emotion and more! I had to admit that I might shed a tear here and there. He sounds as good as he is on the radio or any other place!

If I could describe his sound and performance on the stage; it was a humble stage appearance with a captivating and stunning performance. He was on the stage all alone and yet he managed to take our attention all on him. We got the chance to sing along with him and he did apologize for cancelling the show 2 years ago. Better late than never right?

Moving on the crowd, it’s safe to say that this is probably the first concert I went to where I was not even tired. The crowd was super chill, they didn’t bump to one another; everything was simply in order. I didn’t know whether it’s because of the fact that we had numbered seating or anything else. The crowd was definitely having the time of their life. However, it was kind of a bummer because I couldn’t really stand on my feet and dance around to his songs because everyone was sitting. Hence, I couldn’t really let go all of the energy and lost in the song. But overall, I could still move around and sing at the top of my lungs so it was all good!

In short, let’s give a round of applause for ED SHEERAN for giving such a phenomenal performance on stage though he was all alone in the stage. Can you imagine the pressure of delivering a great performance in front of thousands of people at a STADIUM? I don’t think so. If you had the chance to see Ed live, please do because I definitely would love to say yes 3000 times to see him again the future!



Check out my previous concert & festival posts here:

Comments

  1. Wah keren. Aku sih belum pernah, pengen sih... tapi maunya dapet bangku paling depan VIP😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment