[15 Day Challenge] Living Only with One Movie.



Hello everyone! How’s your day going? Good?

It’s the 14th post of the 15 Day Challenge! Yes, I’m almost there! Just one more topic left. And the 14th topic of the challenge is, “If you were only allowed to watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would it be and why?” Do you love watching movies? If you do, this is going to be a tough question, don’t you agree? As a movie enthusiast, I’m really down to watch any kind movie out there, EXCEPT horror! I’m certainly not a fan of horror movies. You could give me the wildest blood and gory movies or disgusting one, I would not mind. But horror movies? I might have to decline the offer for the sake of myself. I cannot bring myself to watch any horror movies without getting trouble of sleeping. So, as long as it is not horror or scary movies, I would definitely watch it. Furthermore, I’m really easy to be impressed with special effects or ‘out of the world’ effects; hence, you can conclude that fantasy genre is one of my absolute fave!

http://harrypotter.wikia.com
So, if I’m only allowed to watch one movie for the rest of my life, I’m going to say that it will be Harry Potter movies. Harry Potter is one of my favorite movies of all time, as well as its books. However, since I am only allowed to choose one, I’m going to pick the third movies of Harry Potter; which is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. There are several reasons why I select this movie in particular. The most prominent reason is probably because of its values. There are so many values that I can obtain from this movie.

As we all have known, Harry Potter really highlighted Harry, Ron and Hermione friendship. Thus, it’s safe to say that friendship is one of the strong values which we can get from the movie. Since the beginning until the end of the series, including this one, we can see how strong the bond is between Harry, Ron and Hermione. They protect and defend each other. They have sacrificed so many things just to save their friends, even ready to die. I’m convinced that a lot of people want to have the type of friendship like this trio has. Moreover, their bond as friends is developing into a family. They can even be considered as family at this point. Harry has no one to rely on in his life (the Dursleys can’t even be considered as family because of how they treat Harry); thus, he leans on his friends so much. In the Prisoner of Azkaban, we can see how close Harry and Ron’s family is. From the way that Mrs. Weasley asks Harry whether he has everything he needs and Ron’s father that warns him about Sirius.

Additionally, from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, we can see how Harry and his friends have grown up from the previous movie. It is shown that as teenagers, they are quite emotional and short-tempered. It can be seen from Harry’s rage to Marge who insults his parents, along with Hermione’s annoyance in Divination class. We can fathom from this point that anyone will come across the stage of growing up in their life. Through this film, we can also pick up the values of bravery by overcoming our biggest fears. It is depicted through the scene in the Defense against the Dark Arts class where they have to face Boggart which can turn to their biggest terror. Also, we see how Hermione finally has pull up the courage to do something about Malfoy’s infuriating behavior by punching him in the face. (You go girl!)

To sum up, you can grasp so many values within the movie. Trust, hope, patience and even betrayal are portrayed in this movie. In addition, you can also see the magic and amazing illustration of the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

To end this post, I’d like to mention two of my favorite quotes in the movie.

  • “The one that loves us never really leaves us. You can always find them in your heart.” –Sirius Black. 
  • “In dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own.” –Albus Dumbledore 
So, what about you? What’s one movie you could watch for the rest of your life?

Comments

Post a Comment