Haphazard Journal #17: WE THE FEST 2019




Hola! It has been a while. Let me make a comeback with another Music Festival which I attended this year.

It was actually about a week ago when I had the chance to attend We The Fest 2019. Let me start by saying that Ismaya knows how to throw a party! After Djakarta Warehouse Project, We The Fest is the second festival that I went to which was held by Ismaya Live. I was pretty excited as it was my first time and the line-up was super cool so let’s just start shall we?

I and my friend decided to stay in Jakarta instead of having a round trip from home to the venue. So, we chose a cute little hotel called Pinxs Hostel. I don’t if this was a curse or anything, but I happened to experience a trouble during the check-in just like when I booked the hostel in Bali for DWP. Luckily, pegipegi.com (the site where I booked the hostel) and the hostel managed to come to a resolution so all was well.

Day 1, I was looking forward to see Troye Sivan. Hence, we went straight to the main stage. In We The Fest, there were 4 stages; We The Fest Stage, This Stage is Bananas, Another Stage and WTF Park Stage and I stayed mostly at the main stage which was We The Fest Stage. On the first stage, we were able to see Dewa ft Ari Lasso & Dul Jaelani. The performance brought so many memories with the songs from Dewa. Next, we moved to Another Stage to see special theatrical performance by Reza Chandika. He was one of my favorites since I love listening to his podcast Rapot and it was hilarious so I was looking forward to see his performance.

After we had something to eat, we were back to the main stage and see Bazzi. His voice is really awesome; it’s no difference than when you hear him on the radio. However, I didn’t really feel his energy if you know what I mean. But, his voice though, damn! Next was the highlight of the first day, Troye Sivan! I couldn’t believe how cute he is and his little dance is just superrr cute I cannot! He was super kind and humble and often did interaction with the crowd. We ended the night with San Holo and danced the night away.

On the second day, we were extremely looking forward to see Sabrina Claudio, Anne-Marrie and Daniel Caesar. Hence we stayed in the main stage. Sabrina Claudio is like a Greek Goddess! Beautiful voice and I love how overwhelmed she was looking at the crowd like she can’t believe her eyes that there were so many people to see her. Like girlll, you nailed it! 

And then come Anne-Marrie, she was such a bundle of joy! Her performance and energy was just great. She was such joy to witness on the stage. Daniel Caesar, man oh man that voice is such bliss. Of course the crowd went nuts when he sang best part and everyone just sang along with him. We ended the night by dancing our heart away with Nina Las Vegas and Anna Lunoe.

During the last day, I was looking forward to see Sushi Trash aka Joji and Cigarettes After Sex; however, I had to make a hard decision to skip Cigarettes After Sex and saw Joji instead because their performance was on the same time.

Again, we stayed in We The Fest Stage and the night starts with the performance from Tulus. As always, he killed it with his amazing voice. Then, Dipha Barus brought a lot of energy to the stage with his performance and he also did a bunch of collab with various artists on the stage. 6lack was also amazing. He was quite interactive with the crowd.

Then finally, it’s time for JOJI! His performance was definitely my highlight of the night. It was only him and his pianist yet he brought such great energy to the stage. He was funny and also so fun to see on the stage. We ended the night by with Cashmere Cat and Yaeji.

Ismaya, you did it again! Thank you for such a great event and I’m definitely looking forward to next year!

See you on the next post!

Cheers x

Previous Concerts/Festivals:







Comments