Haphazard Journal #12: 2019’s Resolution



It’s a NEW YEAR, which means it’s time for that new year new me kind of stuff, right? Well, surely most of people have something that we often make at the end of the year or before reaching to a new one… yes, it’s resolution. Is it important or is it not? Well, I’ve read in an article that resolutions tend NOT TO WORK. Hmm, no wonder. It didn’t work on me either.

You can read this article to find out more. Based on what I’ve read, if you want your resolution to work, then you ought to create resolutions that serve your mental or emotional health instead of weight or money. Well, aint that the truth. Almost every year I put losing weight as one of my resolution and you already know the answer, it didn’t really happen. From the article, to realize your resolution, you need to give yourself permission to not get it perfectly all the time. After all, it’s a process not magic so indeed, it takes time.

Even though some resolutions may not work, having resolutions which aim to make you the better version of yourself will never hurt. So, I’d like to share a few resolutions that I’ve listed in today’s post. Here ya go:

- Get Healthy
No, no, no. It’s different this time. I have fully accepted the fact that I will never fit in into the stereotypes of those ‘beautiful’ girls, so I just wanna get healthy and be fit!

- Keep Learning Spanish
I’ve recently started to learn Spanish through Duolingo. Duolingo is an app where you can learn languages easily and in a fun way. I do hope that I’m being consistent with learning Spanish and at the end of the year, I can at least speak a little of it!

- Blogging and Write Regularly
I have lost count on how many times I told people that I’d like to be a writer someday, and it has to start somewhere right? So, to improve my writings, I want to keep writing regularly on my blog.

- Zero Waste Life
I don’t think anyone needs another reminder that plastic waste is growing at alarming rates. It gives danger to so many innocent species. I’ve started to use stainless straw since last year because I saw a turtle suffered a horrible experience because of plastic straw. It definitely changed my life. This year I’d like to make a commitment and keep doing that and use less plastic.

- Go Abroad
Well, this one is obviously quite challenging and need a lot of funds. Nonetheless, I do hope that I can go abroad this year, either for vacation or anything. I’d like to experience a place out of my comfort zone and explore a new culture. Should be so much fun right?

- Go to More Concerts or Music Festivals
If I said it once, I’ve said it a million times…I LOVE CONCERTS! I love the atmosphere, the fun and the craziness. You can lose yourself and have the time of your life here. Singing out of your lungs and see your favorite bands or singers is one of the best feelings ever! Last year, I had the chance to see The Script’s Concert and a dance music festival (DWP). I do hope that this year I get to attend more of them (more money needed lol). I have one plan already this year so I’m really looking forward to it!

- Publish A Book or At Least Get Featured on A Book
Yes, this is pretty ambitious. But if I don’t start now, then when, right? Hopefully, I can publish something with my name written on the cover or at least be featured on the book with my writings. That would be amazing!

- Being Able to Do What I Love
Last but definitely not least, I’m hoping that I get the chance to do what I love. Work is okay now and I hope that this year, it will be even better. Fingers crossed I get to do things that I love and hopefully get paid for it! Haha a girl’s gotta go get her some pizza right.

Well, that is all. This is a note for my future self and for anyone out there who want to have some changes and have the best year possible. Good luck for us! Let’s come back at the end of the year and thick the entire list!

Comments

Post a Comment