The New Season of Series



October will be packed with excitement! This month, several of my favorite TV series is back with the new season, so I’m extremely excited. I’d like to share my thoughts on the first episodes of these series; they are Riverdale, The Good Place and The Flash. So, Riverdale is back for Season 3 and ready to give us some surprises, twists and of course feels! Hashtag Bughead4ever & Bughead4live. The Good Place is also back for season 3 and has already left us wondering how the group will be able to earn their place in ‘the good place’. And finally, The Flash is back for Season 5 with hopefully a better and chilling villain than the previous one.

For those of you who don’t know these series, let me sum it up real quick. Riverdale is based on the characters of Archie Comics and in a nutshell, it follows the story of Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, Jughead Jones and Veronica Lodge in the small town of Riverdale and explores the darkness hidden behind its seemingly quiet and ordinary town. Moving on The Good Place, this series focuses on Eleanor Shellstrop, she was sent to “The Good Place” in the afterlife. However, she realizes that it was a mistake to send her there as she wasn’t “a good person” on earth. So, she has to hide her imperfect behavior and tries to become a better, more ethical person. As for The Flash, I do believe that people have already known this superhero. The story follows the life of Barry Allen who has the power of running like a lightning bold. It focuses on his life, fighting the bad guys and his personal life such as love, family and friendship life.

Let’s talk about Riverdale first, shall we? So, the first episode of season 3 was a lot. I don’t even know where to start because there are too many things going on there. The story picks up right after Archie got framed by ‘not-so-mysterious-doer’ aka Hiram Lodge. There will be spoilers so skip ahead if you read this. Archie was on trial for murder and has to spend his last days before the final verdict from the judge. He tries to spend time with Veronica, Betty and Jughead before he is sent to jail which is super sad. However, he’s super stubborn and stupid as well as doesn’t think clearly after the prosecutor gives him the choice which makes him arrested. So, that’s that. Hiram is still an asshole, Bughead is still a very loving and supportive relationship which I love! Cheryl is such a mood in this episode, ok she’s officially my spirit animal. Chonie is super cute and there are so many things that I can’t even sum everything here. In short, I’m overwhelmed and super excited for the next episode. I can’t with the cliffhanger ending so I’m looking forward to it. Additionally, I think the story is going in a supernatural kind of direction, so I don’t know if I will like it because I need the DRAMA lol. But, we’ll see.

Now, The Good Place. We all have been dying to know what will happen to Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani and Jason on earth after the judge is bringing them back to life. There will be a change of timeline for sure and tons of impossibility so we can’t really predict what’s going to happen. There have been four episodes already in Season 3 and Michael and Janet always make sure that the group stays together. The story is always unpredictable and the twists are always there so I can’t never really say I know what will happen next which is why I love the series. So far, it’s been interesting to see how they get together on earth and learn ethical and moral stuff with Chidi which hopefully make them better and finally allow them to go to “the good place”. Each episodes always ends with a cliffhanger as well so as always, can’t wait for the next episode!

The Flash is back for Season 5. The previous episode was pretty dull in my opinion as the villain, Devoe, wasn’t really that intimidating or scary so yeah it’s just fun to watch. The story starts right after where it ends which is the appearance of Nora, Barry & Iris’s daughter from the future. The first episode is pretty interesting as we learn that Nora is actually there to connect with Barry since in the future Barry will not be there. Thus, Nora doesn’t really have a father figure in the future which is mainly the reason why she’s back now, to have the chance to get to know his father. We haven’t learned about who will be the next ‘big’ villain of the series or at least I haven’t so I’m also looking forward to it. Moreover, I’m also curious with this new timeline as I believe with Nora staying in the present, there probably a change of timeline or even a new flashpoint? We’ll see.


That is all for today, I think it’s pretty long compare to the previous post that I’ve written. It’s never too late to watch any of these series so go watch it!

See ya on the next post!

Comments

Post a Comment