HAPHAZARD JOURNAL #7: Movie Update.

Hello! I’m finally back! I can’t even recall the last time I’ve written on this blog or write anything in general, so it feels good to be back. And this time, I’m going to write a movie recap which is something that I haven’t done in a while, so let’s just get started, shall we?

There are four movies that I’m going to discuss in this post, which are: Love, Simon (2018), The Kissing Booth (2018), The Incredibles 2 (2018) and Ocean’s 8 (2018). Mind you that it’s going to contain spoilers so if you haven’t watched any of the movies or don’t wanna be spoiled just skip this one aye.

1. Love, Simon (2018)

Source: http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/11/simon-vs-the-homo-sapiens-agenda-movie-poster/

Release Date: March 16th, 2018.

I’ve been meaning to see this film since the trailer came out and I even waited for it to be released in cinema. However, for some reason, it didn’t come out in the cinema at where I lived, so I have to wait for a couple of months to be able to stream it. And finally, the day came when I could stream it. For those who don’t know, Love Simon is actually based on a book called Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. The story centers on the life of Simon who is gay but hasn’t come out just yet to his family and his friends. Overall, I loved the movie! I l really like the growth of Simon’s personality throughout the movie and how supportive his families and friends are. It’s not only a ‘coming out’ story, but it also covers the essence of family and friendship. There are some struggles here and there with Simon’s coming out which makes me understand even more how difficult it is. So, all you can do is just respect one’s decision. One of my favorite bits of the movies is probably when Simon questions why only gay people has to come out, and afterwards his friends came out as straight and the depiction is just priceless! It’s a simple story yet it taught me so much. I would recommend this movie for you to watch.

2. The Kissing Booth (2018)

Source: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3799232/
Release Date: May 11th, 2018.

First is, I had no idea that the movie existed BUT then it was all over the explore on instagram, even on my twitter timeline. The short clips of this movie is everywhere, literally, I’m not joking. So naturally, my curiosity always gets the best of me, so I watched it. The movie is about a guy and a girl who are best friends since they are kids. They have rules to keep them close and all. One specific rule stated that the girl, Elle, cannot date this guy’s brother, Lee’s, and this is where all the trouble began. So, Elle likes his brother, Noah. I mean he is super gorgeous, I’m not even kidding, he.is.extremely.hot. There, I even emphasized it. Hence, I really wouldn’t blame her, lol. If you don’t believe me you can check him out yourself. Shortly, they have to go behind Lee’s back to date and do ‘couply’ stuff. The story is quite simple but it is fun to watch. I just like the idea that a guy and a girl CAN stay to become best friends and not depicted to fall in love afterwards. Because that what makes ‘the notion’ of becoming best friends with the opposite sex is hard without falling in love, I mean that is surely possible. But the movies often feeds the idea that man and woman can’t be best friends, one of them must’ve fallen in love and bla bla bla, am I right or am I right? Why am I ranting?! Okay, back to the movie. Even though the plot is simple and sometimes there are super cheesy lines, it is very entertaining. So I could recommend you to watch the movie if you seek for something fun and light to watch. Also, I just get information that this movie is actually based on Wattpad story. Way to go Wattpad writers!

3. The Incredibles 2 (2018)

Source: www.ign.com

Release Date: June 15th, 2018.


Who has been waiting for at least 14 years for this movie? A lot of people are excited to see this movie since we have waited for a quite long time. The story picks up exactly where the movie ends last time. I think the main issue that I get from the movie is more about family than about the ‘superhero’ stuff. The story covers how Mr. Incredible aka Bob deals with the children. He has to take care of his family while his wife, Helen, takes a role as ‘the new face’ of superhero. The plot is pretty interesting and entertaining. It showcases a lot of funny scenes when Bob takes care of the household. Also, props to the movie for staying relevant with the villain. The main villain is called screenslaver (if I’m not mistaken), and she hypnotizes people to do things that she wants through the screen, which exactly what we deal with in this era. Nonetheless, for me the villain is quite predictable, from the start I can guess that either Winston or Evelyn is the villain. Additionally, my favorite part of the movie or I would call it as the scene stealer is obviously Jack-Jack! He is super cute and incredible! (oh yes, pun intended). All things considered, I can’t say that I’m disappointed. It’s fun and entertaining to watch, so I would highly recommend this to you. 

4. Ocean's 8 (2018)

Source: https://twitter.com/oceans8movie/

Release date: June 8th, 2015.



First impression before seeing the movie, girl power! With huge and incredible all women main casts, it is hard to turn back on the movie. Firstly, I have no idea that there is actually a trilogy of the Ocean’s movie. So this particular movie tells about a group of women who plan a ‘highly sophisticated’ heist of Met Gala in New York City. I think the movie is quite interesting to see. It displays a smart heist, like one you can’t think of. Moreover, each character contributes unique personality and roles to the movie. One thing that is missing for me is the ‘punch’. I don’t know if that is a matter of taste or what, but it’s missing something that can throw me of the edge. It’s missing a stressing point. The robbery or the heist goes smoothly without any significant challenge. I don’t know if the writers intend to do so in order to showcases that the heist was planned carefully and well, but for me it’s missing a punch. Maybe that’s just me, I don’t know. Moving on to my favorite part is the plot twist. Dang, I would have never thought ‘that’ about the plot, I didn’t expect it to go like that to say the least. I’m not gonna tell it what it is; you have to see it yourself. In the end, I could recommend you to watch the movie, because even though it’s pretty plain for me, but it’s still enjoyable to see.

Aaanddd, that is all! Hope you enjoy this movie updates and I sure will write another updates if I watch new movies again. See you on the next post!

Comments

Post a Comment