Book Update: Edge of Extinction by Laura Martin

Finally! Back at it again with a book discussion. I'm not going to discuss several books this time, but only one since I'm apparently a slow reader now. Today, I want to talk about Edge of Extinction by Laura Martin. Truth be told, I have finished this book for quite some time but haven't had the chance to discuss about it (re: lazy). So, let's start, shall we?

 In the story of Edge of Extinction by Laura Martin, we follow the story of Sky Mundy who lives at the time where Dinosaurs are conquering the earth. Starting from human's idea that they like to bring back Dinosaurs to life, now they have to pay the price with the fact that Dinosaurs inhabit the earth and humans have to live underground to avoid them. Sky Mundy lives in the compound and struggles to live on her own since the mysterious disappearance of her father to the outside world. After five years, of her father disappearance, she finally gets some clues of what truly happened to her father and decides to head into the unknown, to the outside world. Hence, together with her best friend Shawn, she explored the 'new' world she never knows and discovers a world of surprises and learn that the Dinosaurs are not the only ones they should be afraid of.

Throughout the story, I didn't realize that there are actually sequels of this book so of course, the book ends with a cliff-hanger. Discussing about the character, I'm a sucker for leading female role in an adventure genre; thus, I'm quite excited to read it. In my point of view, the story is okay. It doesn't throw me of the 'edge' (yes, pun intended). All in all, it was entertaining to read. My favorite thing from the book is probably the idea of the book itself. The fact that humans have to live underground because Dinosaurs come back to life. I don't see it as something impossible; moreover, I've seen on the news platform somewhere that actually scientists are trying to do that. So, I think I should recommend them to read this book, right?

Well, that is all for today's book update and I'm planning to do more next time! Give it a chance to read the book if you like adventure stories and of course Dinosaurs!

Comments

Post a Comment