HAPHAZARD JOURNAL #5: Big Bad Wolf 2018 Preview Sale.

Ladies and Gents, Big Bad Wolf is back! If you are not aware already, Big Bad Wolf is one of the biggest book fair in the world since they sell millions of books with insane prices. By insane, I mean they provide very cheap prices with at least 60% until 80% off. This year, they are back with even more books and good prices to offer. 2018 is my third year in visiting Big Bad Wolf. You could say that my experience was never really bad; thus, I always come back each year. The main attraction for me is obviously the books. If you love to read, this is an event you should never miss! You’d be drooling over hundreds of books provided there.


This year Big Bad Wolf is held at the same venue as the previous one, which is Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE) BSD, precisely at Hall 7 to 10. It will be held from 28 March until 9 April 2018 and as always, it opens for 24 hours non-stop! A bit different from the last time, I got to come to the Preview Sale. Preview Sale is opened just one day before it opens for public. Those who are allowed to come during Preview Sale are members, vlogger/blogger and quiz winners in Facebook and Instagram. Fortunately, I was able to get the Preview Sale pass by joining the blogger and vlogger competition; therefore, I could visit the event one day early.

For the venue, I feel like it is more spacious than before since there are a lot of food tenants inside the venue as well. So, if you are hungry or just want a little snack while hunting for books, you got it all covered! There are at least more than 20 food tenants and they serve traditional as well as international dish.





As for the category of the books, you can find many categories or genre that you would like, such as Young Adult, Science, Fiction, Kids, Romance, Mandarin, Graphic Design, History, Fashion, Music and so much more! However, the kids’ categories are at the most. This is surely a heaven for parents out there who seek for great books for their children.

When I visited the Preview Sale today, I didn’t think that it was very crowded compared to the time I visited it in the previous year. Maybe, because this is only preview sale or I just picked the right time to come. I came to the venue at around 12.30 pm and only stayed there for an hour because my feet hurt lol! I’ll give you some tips later on to avoid my predicament. Anyway, after looking around for an hour I got the books that I wanted, which are: Tiga Sandera Terakhir by Brahmanto Anindito, The Utopia Experiment by Dylan Evans, After You by Jojo Moyes and The Masterminds by Komikus Rif’an. What makes me very happy was the queue to the cashier because it only took me less than 10 minutes to finish the transaction. What an amazing improvement! Last year, I’d have to wait for more than an hour before arriving at the cashier. I believe this is because Big Bad Wolf separates bulk buyers with the ‘common’ buyers; thus, that’s such a relief! Moreover, there are more than 50 cashiers provided there, so I think that also supports the ‘swiftness’ of transactions.

If I could give you some tips, in order to avoid what happened to me today, use the comfiest attire and shoes that you owned; therefore, you can stroll around longer and look for the best books that you desire. And if you would like to avoid big crowds, I suggest you to come late at night, perhaps at 1 or 2 am or early in the morning if that’s possible. Don’t worry if you are hungry at that time because the food tenants also open for 24 hours! You basically can stay the night there if you want or need more time, haha. And of course, don’t forget to bring a bucket load of money for the books are undeniably tempting to buy! Also, for the convenient of us all, please put the book you’ve picked but no longer wanted to buy back in their place or in the provided corner as I saw so many books are left behind on the floor just like that. Moreover, it disturbs the path for the people who want to walk.

All in all, I can see the improvement from last year’s BBW so I am very pleased with that. Keep it up BBW! To end my post this time, I just want to say that if you are looking for good books with great prices or just a book nerd like me, Big Bad Wolf is too precious to be missed! I’ll probably visit the book fair again this week or as long as it is still opened. Yes, I am THAT excited. 

Oh! When I have the chance to finish the book, I’ll post my review here to share my opinions on them.

I’ll see you next year in BBW 2019! 





Comments

Post a Comment