[15 Day Challenge] Best Day to Date: One Direction Concert.

Hello everyone! I’m back with the 15 Day Challenge! The ninth day of the challenge gives out the topic of describing “the best day of your life to date.” I believe that there are many moments in my life which make my life full of joy. However, if you ask me the best day of my life, I would say it’s my concert day.

source: google images
Let’s start with the story. I was (still am actually) a huge fan of One Direction. You know them of course? If you don’t, I think you’ve been living under a rock (ha ha!). Well, let me tell you a little about them. They are an English-Irish boy band which at the time was very big, famous and had huge fan base all over the world. Their songs are really catchy and easy to listen to. Moreover, each of them has interesting personalities which only make the band stand out even more. So naturally, I was attracted to them. I became a huge fan as well.

In the early 2014, they announced that they were going to visit Indonesia. I’m sure you can imagine how excited I was. The concert, I believe, was a roller-coaster and a bitter-sweet day if I may say. I had to wait for almost a year for the concert since it was held in 2015. A few days before the concert, an announcement was made that Zayn, one of the members, would not attend the show due to health problems. As selfish as I sound, I was devastated because I couldn’t see all of them. I’m ashamed to admit that I kind of blamed Zayn at the time for not attending the concert. Note that I was not aware of his situation at all so yeah… Anyway, the concert still had to go on with four standing members. I got to see Liam, Niall, Harry and Louis in person. It was indescribable. It was one of the feeling like ‘wait, this is really happening!’

Furthermore, going inside the venue was a struggle as well. These fans were very excited, so they were like a beast! I swear! The people were pushing around and battling to get the closest as possible to the stage. I got bruises here and there but it was sure worth it! The feeling of being together in the same place with same interest, and love for the boys was really amazing. Singing along together, dancing, and screaming out of the lungs like crazy were such a pleasant feeling to be felt with the people around. It was like being with your family. Magical, to say the least.

Originally, I went with some of my friends but we got separated since it was very hectic. I don’t think that I can describe every moment that I felt at the time properly with any words existed. Shortly, I point out that it was one of the best days of my life.

BUT, a shocking thing happened. Only an hour after the concert finished and our adrenaline has not even left our body yet, the announcement that Zayn was leaving One Direction went public. It was really crazy as we were literally still outside of the stadium and the announcement hit us just like that, like a thunder-storm. Honestly, I didn’t really know what to believe at the time. I was out of words.

Well, it was still a wonderful day and experience. One Direction is now on break and we have no idea whether they are going to be back again together or not. They are enjoying their career on their own now and I’m here for that! They make such amazing music on their solo projects. If they ever come back, just know that I’m still here waiting and supporting!

And that’s all that I can share with you today. That particular day and the boys have become a part of my life. Hopefully, I can create more “best days” which I could cherish forever, like this one!

Comments